Monday, September 02, 2002

Embarrassment averted!
Only now I'm going to embarrass myself by typing this. Oh well.
Friday night I went to the mall. Spencer Gifts was first on my list, then a stop at Olga's for a bite to eat. I made my way through Marshall Fields (no specials on Tresor this week), hit Jacobson's as it was the last night that venerable store was going to be in business, then entered Shuler Books, my favorite store in the mall.

Well, as I had been trolling the mall for quite some time I needed to avail myself of the facilities. And for some dumb reason I was thinking I couldn't take my package into the restroom, so I left it on a rack of books. In the middle of business I suddenly remembered what was IN the package...handcuffs! Sheesh. What if someone FOUND the package and looked into it, and...oh dear. (The handcuffs are purely innocent. They're for our next Charity Tuesday day. We're continuing with bracelets, so I thought handcuffs would be cute. That is all. Nothin' kinky doing here.) I hurriedly finished up, just sure that when I stepped back into the store someone would be standing there grinning with my package and contents held up for view.

But no one was.

Package was right where I had left it.

whew.